If you receive an email, text message, or telephone inquiry asking for your personal information, DO NOT RESPOND! Responding puts your accounts at risk.
Bluff View Bank will never make telephone inquiries or send text messages or emails to verify or update your confidential customer information.
Never give out the 3-digit security code on the back of your debit and credit cards, UNLESS you initiate a purchase whether by telephone or through the Internet using a secure site.
If you think you have been a victim of a scam, contact us immediately at 608-582-2233.
Ongoing – Important Reminders
Malicious links in emails or on websites are the most common and easiest way for fraudsters to get access to your private information. Think before you click!
- Never respond to an urgent email claiming to be from the bank (or any company) that requests your account information or personal details. Call the company directly with a telephone number that you have (not one listed in the email as it’s likely more fraud) to report the suspicious email.
- Always visit websites directly for information or downloads. Do not click on links, open attachments or install free software from unexpected emails or unknown sources; this may expose your computer and the information on it to unauthorized sources.
- Be cautious about messages you receive on social networking sites that contain links. Even links that look like they come from friends can sometimes be harmful or fraudulent – and in fact may be attempts to gain control of your computer or steal your personal information. If you’re suspicious, don’t click the link. Contact your friend or the business directly to verify the validity of the email.
- Install a comprehensive firewall/antivirus/anti-spyware software package on your computer. These software suites help detect and remove viruses and spyware, that can steal vital information
- Most importantly, keep your computer operating system and browser up to date with the latest software and security downloads. Often called patches or service packs, these should be installed as soon as possible.