Making it easy to save. Open this account with $100 and receive a variable rate of interest calculated on a daily available balance. Two tier levels available.
- NO minimum deposit needed to open for minors
- Interest compounded and credited quarterly.
- Direct Deposit into account at no charge
- Set up automatic payments or transfers from account.
- Rate levels are:
- Up to $5,000
- $ 5,000.01 -over
Kasasa Saver® is available to you only when you have a Kasasa Cash® or Kasasa Cash Back® checking account. When you earn cash rewards in your Kasasa® checking, those earnings transfer into your Kasasa Saver.
Learn more about Kasasa Saver.®
- Free account that builds your savings effortlessly
- Links to free Kasasa Cash or Kasasa Cash Back checking
- Automatic transfers of Kasasa Cash or Kasasa Cash Back earnings
- No minimum balance to earn rewards
- No monthly service fee
- $50 minimum deposit to open
For parents and others wishing to assure a Bright Future for their children. This account offers an easy way to set aside regular amounts and watch it grow to meet their educational or other goals.
- Account offers a preferred rate with two rate levels:
- Up to $5,000
- $ 5,000.01 or more
- Can set up regular automatic deposits into the account
- Low opening deposit of just $25
- No maintenance fee
- Custodial ownership
- Quarterly statement
- Can easily transfer to your choice of Certificates of Deposit or investment products
- Can remain in account until age 21
Money Market Plus
For smart investors who want liquidity of their money. Offers market-based interest rates without the concern of a time-deposit and early withdrawal penalties. Open with just $2500.
- This account has five rate levels. Interest is paid on the daily balance, so as your balance grows so does your rate of earnings
Rate levels are:
- Up to $5,000
- $ 5,000.01 -$ 10,000
- $10,000.01 – $25,000
- $25,000.01 – $50,000
- $50,000.01 +
- No monthly fee with a $2,500 daily balance or $10 per month if balance falls below $2,500 any day of the month
- Receive a monthly statement showing activity and interest credited
- Receive free checks to draw against the account when you choose
Health Savings Account
The Health Savings Account (HSA) is a tax-free interest bearing account that can be used to pay for medical expenses. To qualify, the individual must have a high-deductible health insurance plan. For 2019, the annual deductible on an individual plan must be at least $1,350 and at least $2,700 for a family plan. The annual out-of-pocket expenses (deductibles, co-payments, and other amounts, but not premiums) cannot exceed $6,750 for self-only coverage or $13,500 for family coverage. For 2020, the annual deductible on an individual must be $1,400, and at least $2,800 for family and not exceed $6,900 for individuals and $13,800 for families. The annual out-of-pocket expenses for 2020 (deductibles, co-payments, and other amounts, but not premiums) cannot exceed $6,900 for self-only coverage or $13,800 for family coverage.
- Annual contributions into an interest-bearing checking account are tax-deductible. Contributions can be made all at once or throughout the year
- Interest is earned tax-free
- For 2020, the annual contribution limit for an individual is $3,550 and $7,100 for a family contribution
- Contributions can be made annually. You have up until April 15th or your tax-filing deadline to contribute for the prior year (Contributions for 2019 can be made up until July 15, 2020)
- If you’re 55 or older anytime in 2020, you are able to contribute an extra $1,000
- Write checks to withdraw money for medical expenses throughout the year. Amounts distributed are not taxable provided they are used for medical expenses
- Or, you can pay your medical expenses out-of-pocket and let the HSA balance accumulate tax-free. There are no withdrawal requirements
- You select primary and secondary beneficiaries who will receive the HSA in the event of your death
- A minimum deposit of $100 is required to open the account. If the balance falls below $100, there is a $3 fee for that month
Bluff View Bank accounts are free with e-statements. If you choose to receive a paper statement, a monthly service charge may apply to your account. Contact us for complete details.